Weight-loss surgery can produce life-changing results. You’ll begin by attending patient orientation, either in person or online and completing the new patient packet. Both the information session and the new patient packet must be completed prior to your first appointment.
Insurance verification comes next. Our team works with you to determine exactly what your insurance covers and what you can expect in out-of-pocket costs. We help you understand and complete any pre-surgery requirements your insurance may have.
Once the paperwork is completed, you’ll meet for an initial consultation with one of our weight-loss surgeons to learn about your surgical options and decide which is best for you.
The Surgical Weight-Loss program also has the following qualifications:
- Join the Weight Management Center program.
- Undergo a psychological evaluation from one of our Behavioral Health Specialists.
- Quit smoking if you are a smoker. You must be nicotine free for a minimum of 60 days prior to surgery.
- Participate in a diet trial for two to nine months, depending on what’s required by your insurance coverage.
- Obtain any required lab work.
- Visit with your surgeon for final consent and to answer any questions you may have.
- Verify final insurance approval with the help of our staff.
- Schedule a surgery date and complete any final evaluations needed.
- Meet with a registered dietitian for pre-op and post-op diet review.
- Undergo weight-loss surgery.
- Attend follow-up visits as determined by your needs.