Access to quality healthcare doesn’t always have to take place in person.
At St. Elizabeth, we believe healthcare should be convenient and accessible. You have a lot to juggle in your life, and prioritizing your health can be difficult. With virtual health options, you can turn that notion on its head.
What is Virtual Health?
Virtual health, also known as telehealth, is when healthcare professionals interact with patients remotely. All you need is the internet and a computer/laptop, tablet or smartphone to gain access to these secure services. Virtual Health options are able to residents of Kentucky and Indiana.
Virtual health services aren’t meant to replace all in-person visits with your healthcare provider. But these alternatives do offer many benefits, such as:
- 24/7 access to quality medical advice.
- Avoided exposure to viruses and germs.
- No long commutes or time spent in waiting rooms.
- Increased healthcare access for patients in rural or isolated communities.
- Added support for patients with chronic conditions.
- Reduction in unnecessary emergency room visits.
- Stay home options for routine, follow-up or post-procedure care.
- Diverse and flexible scheduling opportunities.
- More readily available care services help decrease missed work or school.
- Improved communication and coordination of care between provider and patient.
- Empowers patients to take a more proactive role in their own health.
- Virtual visits supported by most insurance plans. Contact your insurance carrier for pricing.