Journey to a Healthier Future
At St. Elizabeth, we’re dedicated to providing individuals with the support, resources and education they need to take control of their own health. We recognize that there are many challenges preventing individuals from accessing the care they need and deserve. As the region’s leading healthcare provider, we feel that it is our responsibility to find solutions and help offset some of these burdens however we can.
In 2021, we created a St. Elizabeth Physicians Community Health department. This unit is a centralized hub for all of our community outreach efforts and municipal partnerships. Having a comprehensive view of our resources allows us the opportunity to be more efficient in our planning and prioritizing community needs.
Our Community Health department is staffed by a team of experts who serve as a link between the medical services we provide at St. Elizabeth and the community.
Dedicated to What Matters
Our Community Health team provides support, education and guidance outside of the traditional model of care. Through innovative programs and services ranging from outreach events to community education, we can better address identified health needs and do good work that impacts our community in a positive manner.
Our outreach and education services are centered on setting individuals up for success, including but not limited to:
- Helping the community at large obtain easy access to quality healthcare
- Encouraging individuals to be proactive in managing their health and well-being
- Developing programs geared towards closing identified gaps in care
- Providing education on reducing risk factors leading to chronic disease
- Offering information on various community resources and support services
- Advocating for underserved individuals to receive lifesaving cancer screenings and assessments
Removing non-financial barriers that may hinder an individual’s care, such as transportation and